Sunday, 30 December 2007

London part III


Look at my sweet niece and her fabulous parents. So, so cute. Gwen and Graham have most kindly put me up on this funny little side-trip. I miss my babies terribly, but at least I can cuddle Honor!

We had a lovely vege feast last night at home with a very nice friend of Graham's Michael Maloney - you may hav eseen him as Cassius in Empire - lovely man). Tonight I am having an early dinner with my friend Catherine and her partner Mark at Jamie Oliver's restaurant fifteen. Great excitement! This morning Gwen and I went out for brunch and explored the local shops. Boy do I love British bookshops - they are the best (especially after being out of english-language countries for nearly 4 months). I am being very restrained and have only bought some clothes for the children so far. And a few books (for Conrad, of course).

Off to the Tate Modern now, to hang out with the groovy arty types. I'm sure I'll fit right in...

[PS - had a great squizz at Picasso, Miro, Giacommetti, Magritte...and many others. A cornucopia of coolness. Then when I was leaving I thought I would get a pic of myself with the spider. Little did I realise I ended up with it seemingly perched on my head!!! I do look suitably alarmed though. Maybe that is just my natural state. *sigh*]

No comments: