Saturday, 15 December 2007

Happy Birthday Miss Bella


I can't believe my wee girl is three. Where does the time go? She is already seeming so grown up. And I bought her a barbie, against all my "no more plastic cr*p" beliefs. Not the princess barbie, nor even the worthy teacher barbie (I couldn't abide by the little floral dress she had to wear...). I bought Bella the animal caregiver barbie. She has a front pack with a little tiny dog in it, and comes with a kennel thingie, bones, food, etc etc. Oh yes, and she has sensible shoes. When I was Bella's age the dollies all seemed to have perpertually high-heel ready feet. Hmm.

It is actually quite cute stuff, for plastic cr*p, with a range of puppies to rescue. My extreme aversion to dog poo pretty much guarantees this is as close as she will get to having a canine pet.

I am happy to report that Bella has paid no attention whatsoever to the barbie, who sits forlornly to the side, and is far more interested in animal/food/supermarket scenarios. Hurrah! My job is done.

No comments: