Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Feliz Navidad


Merry Christmas to one and all.

Here in Germany we are having, on the 25th, the kind of nice, unwinding day one has in NZ on Boxing Day. Christmas celebrations here are on the 24th, so last night we had the MOST AMAZING meal here, almost all prepared by our lovely hostess, Tiziana.

We had (I kid you not):
  • pomegranate salad on goat cheese
  • pumpkin soup
  • mushroom ravioli in broth
  • venison
  • lemon sorbet for palate-cleansing purposes
  • duck with red cabbage and dumplings
  • tarte aux pommes
  • chestnuts
All accompanied by various delicious wines. What a feast - I don't know how those Romans did it. Oh yes I do, goose feathers, that's right. Eeeeuw.


So today I had a lovely big walk while Bella slept, well-wrapped, in the buggy.

Tomorrow I fly to London in the afternoon to get our visas for the China/Korea leg, on the way home. Despite advice from our travel agent and from the Chinese embassy in NZ that it would be easy to get them here, it isn't if you're not residents. Not at all. So, incredibly, it is easier for me to go to the Chinese embassy in London.

Luckily I can see Gwen, Graham and Honor there, which makes the trip worthwhile! It will be very strange to be without my family for a few days, but I will make the most of it by going to galleries etc (the Tate Modern will be cool) and doing lots of brisk walking - always a challenge when we are all together.

I will post a few Christmas pics a little later. Merry Boxing Day!

: )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy, Happy Christmas to you all too, C B & H !!
We just got back from Duanes parents, had a lovely time. Plane flight was cancelled yesterday due to a lighning strike so we spent an extra night in Welly, went to Arobake this morning YUMMMMM. Thought about you all there while we sat and shared a Panne au chocolat (sp?) so good. Can't wait to see you all again. Have a fab time in London. Love to all, Fliss xx